For your studies and consideration:
“Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.
And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.
And thou who thinkest to seek for me, know thy seeking and yearning shall avail thee not, unless thou know this mystery: that if that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee, thou will never find it without thee.”
-Charge of the Goddess (Doreen Valiente)
- The quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit: LOVELINESS
- A beautiful person or thing; esp: a beautiful woman.
- A graceful, ornamental, or excellent quality that contributes to beauty.
- The quality or state of being strong: capacity for exertion or endurance.
- Power to resist force: SOLIDITY, TOUGHNESS
- Power of resisting attack: IMPREGNABILITY
- Legal, logical, or moral force.
- a) Degree of potency of effect or of concentration b)Intensity of light, color, sound or odor c) Vigor of expression
- Force as measured in numbers: effective numbers of any body or organization
- One regarded as embodying or affording force or firmness: SUPPORT
- Maintenance of or a rising tendency in a price level: firmness of prices
- a) possession of control, authority, or influence over others b) One having such power: a sovereign state c) archaic: force of armed men d) a large number or quantity
- a) i. ability to act or produce an effect ii. capacity for being acted upon or undergoing an effect b) legal or official authority, capacity, or right
- a) physical might b) mental or moral efficacy c) political control or influence
- an angel of the fourth lowest rank
- a) the number of times as indicated by an exponent a number occurs as a factor in a product; also: the product itself b) cardinal number 2
- a) a source or means of supplying energy; esp: electricity b) motive power c) the time rate at which work is done or energy emitted or trasferred
- magnification 2b
- scope, comprehensiveness
- sympathetic consciousness of others’ distress together with a desire to alleviate it
- a) good name or public esteem: reputation b) outward respect: recognition
- a person of superior standing – now used esp. as a title for a holder of high office
- one whose worth brings respect or fame: CREDIT
- an evidence or symbol of distinction
- chastity, purity
- a) a keen sense of ethical conduct: INTEGRITY b) one’s word given as a guarantee of performance
- the quality or state of being humble
- gladness or gaiety as shown by or accompanied with laughter
- honor or respect felt or shown: DEFERENCE; esp: profound adoring awed respect
- a gesture of respect (as a bow)
- the state of being revered or honored
- one held in reverence – used as a title for a clergyman
Webster’s Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary. Massachusetts: G. & C. Merriam Company, 1971. Print.