These pancakes are delicious and super easy to make, I promise once you try them you’ll never go back to the box mix! If you don’t already have a sourdough starter, you can learn how to make one here.
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup sourdough starter
1 1/2 cups milk (for vegan pancakes, use a plant-based milk like soy milk)
1 egg, beaten (for vegan pancakes, use 1 mashed banana)
2 tbs vegetable oil
- Remove starter from fridge about 1 hour before you are going to make your pancakes. Give it a stir and cover with towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and soda, sugar and salt.
- Add sourdough starter, milk, egg/banana, and oil. Mix until just combined.
- Grease your griddle or skillet (I use an electric griddle, and grease with coconut oil). Heat to about 300-350 degrees (or medium to medium-high heat on the stove).
- Ladle about 1/4 cup pancake batter onto griddle for each pancake. Flip once the top is bubbly and the edges start to look dry. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with butter, syrup, jam, honey, fruit, etc, and a cup of coffee. Yum!